Your pets are your best friends and your constant support. The house can get lonely when family is away, or when you have a fight with your best friend and have no one to talk to! Well, your pet will always listen to you no matter what. They just need love, in exchange for all the love, joy and smiles they give our families. They do require various kinds of care in return as well, several times a day and how are you going to do it?
Whether you have a Dog, Cat, Bird, or Hamster – it is a must to equip yourself with the basics. So here are some pointers as to how you can take care of your pets and get all the love back from them:
Plan long term :- Many factors should be pondered upon before adopting a pet as it’s difficult to maintain and manage their specific needs. You need to be confident about the decision.
- Firstly, check your daily schedule. Ensure to have extra hours post office hours to take care of your pet because they love attention and wait for it impatiently.
- Remember to free up some space as animals love open environments
- Keep all the harmful poisonous food away
- If you have kids, adopt a pet which is friendly for e.g.: dogs, fish and hamsters are ideal for toddlers
- In case, you’re worried of the germs and hygiene level – simply create a garden area or fence in the balcony. Additionally, you can designate a room or probably a small cute bed just for your pet for the nights.
Pet Supplies :- Just how we humans have needs so do they! Ask pet agencies near by or the vet you’ll be consulting on items which need to be purchased.
- Toys, grooming supplies, etc. should be purchased before you bring your new pet home.
- Teach your family members how to use everything so in your absence the pet is still happy and doesn’t suffer of separation anxiety(symptoms such as not eating, growing lean, weeping etc) so that everyone is on the same page.
- If you have young children you can help them prepare for pet care by “feeding” a doll or regularly watering plants.
Visit the Vet :- Regular check-ups are mandatory as pets once ill become very serious.
- Schedule vaccinations as per medical needs
- In the late hours always contact the vet and elaborate the symptoms to control the illness
- Every pet is given an identification card to record all details like medical reports, age, weight etc ensure to enroll they type of cards in the hospital in case of emergencies
Feed the Need :- Stop feeding your pet leftovers because sometimes guests leave inappropriate food items for eg : Chips are pretzels are also full of salt that can cause excessive thirst and urination; Fruits in general are high in sugar and can lead to blood glucose issues, desserts that include chocolate or Xylitol are no-nos for dogs, as they can prove fatal quickly.
- The cheapest food you find may not always be the healthiest.
- Only feed your pet appropriate foods and give them responsible portions.
- Research or ask your vet about good food sources and portion sizes.
Pamper Them With Affection :- Animals are social beings much like humans, and you need to set aside time to play with your pets so they get exercise and mental stimulation.
- Buy toys and play-sets for you and your pet to use together.
- Give your pet the sweet treats after good behavior to motivate it.
- Create a regular cleaning time, at least once every 2-3 weeks. This will keep both you and your pet healthy and happy.
- For dogs and cats make sure you keep their nails short so they don’t break or bleed painfully while playing
- Keep up with regular grooming, such as brushing fur or scrubbing scales, every few days.
If you don’t have a pet, which pet do you wish or plan to have? What’s your pet’s favorite food and toy? What is your favorite memory with it? Share with us an adorable habit your pet has since birth? What’s the best part of your relationship with him/her?