Back to school! Time to prepare your child’s school bag with everything he needs to start a new semester. This time can be exciting for students to get their new stuff, but for parents, it’s a nightmare especially if they don’t know what they actually need to buy for their children and how many of each item!
The best strategy for back-to-school shopping is to start with a plan. Many schools provide a list of the supplies students will need during the school year, so make sure you have that list before you start shopping.
This list differs according to the grade and classes. But we will give you a common back-to-school tech checklist from stationary, uniform and lunch boxes, to electronics and more. Whether you are heading back to high-school or college after summer break or taking your children to play school or elementary school, we’ve got a variety of back to school supply needs that could save a whole lot of hassle.
Clothes and Accessories
Your kids’ needs vary according to their gender, grade and even how frequently you do laundry, but generally, there are some common clothes you need to but besides the school uniform so Here’s exactly what new clothes items your kids really need for the new school year
- 3-5 hoodies
- 2-4 sweaters
- 2-4 pairs of slacks and/or skirts
- 5-7 pairs of socks and/or leggings/tights
- 7 pairs of underwear
- 4 long sleeved tops
- 4 short sleeved tops
- 2-3 jeans
- Ponytail holder and hair clips
- Rain boots
- Winter Jacket
Remember to save yourself from doing laundry mid-week, your child should have a fresh outfit to wear every day of the school week, plus one or two extras just in case.
It differs according to your kid’s grade and class. But generally it’s suggested to buy the following:
- Pencils – Pencil Sharpener or mechanical pencils
- Pens (various colors)
- Highlighters (various colors)
- Sticky notes
- Glue sticks
- Calculator if required – Check with the math teacher first before investing in an expensive calculator. Graphing calculators, for example, are required in some middle and high school math classes. Teachers advise parents not to buy a calculator with more functions than your students will use.
- Paper clips
- Flash drive
- Desk organizer
Time for lunch, here are what your need to stock up for your kid’s lunch!
- Lunch box
- Freezer pack
- Juice box
- Sandwiches ingredients
- Packaged hand wipes (slip them into lunch boxes for wiping dirty hands before snack time)
- Packaged snacks (healthy choices include pretzels, nuts—if allowed—and dried fruit)
- Plastic drink container with flip top to stop spills before they happen
- Pocket tissue packs
Remember that good school supplies do not always have to be expensive. And you need to contact your kids’ teachers to prepare exactly what they want and refrain from buying items your kids don’t really need this year. Also before shopping, you should set a budget and stick to it. It would be really helpful in saving money to check which stores are running sales and compare prices online and offers.
No matter what kind of learner your child is, the organization is the key to success. You need to create a learning environment that is free of distractions, completely accessible, and easy for your child to use.