What makes a flawless laptop isn’t entirely based on technical specs but it also comes down to what matches your needs perfectly. You may want one with a fast processor, super long battery life, mesmerizing graphic card or one which has the sharpest, brightest display. Start with finding out YOUR NEED – Are you a gamer? Workaholic? Simply needing a portable workstation? Or do you want to watch movies on it?
STUNNING SCREEN SIZE FOR VERSATILE PURPOSES
Stunning Standalone tablets and smartphones are always popular, but in due time most people realize that everything from typing a research paper to crunching video to gaming works delightfully better on a laptop.
The sheer number of laptop systems available on our X-cite Store is enough to make your mind spin! Breath – scroll below and you’ll understand all the functions step by step
Laptop screen sizes range from about 10 to 17 inches.
- 10 – 13″Slim and lightest systems
- 13 – 14″Conquering best balance of portability and usability
- 15 – 16″ Impressive Finesse and currently most trending and popular size
- 17″ or more If you’re a laptop lover and it stays on your desk all day every day, this size provides you with the kind of processing power you need to play high-end games or do workstation-level productivity. It is ideal for gaming, watching movies, photo and video editing, and viewing documents side by side.
MIND-BLOWING RANGE OF RESOLUTIONS
More the Merrier! The more pixels you attain, the more content you can fit on-screen, and delivers sharpness and sensational viewing. Laptop screens vary in a range of resolutions (measured in pixels, horizontal x vertical):
- HD: The standard is 1366 x 768 resolution for all mainstream laptops. Ideal for Net surfing, mails and other basic functions
- HD+: 1600 x 900 resolution is perfect for casual gaming and watching DVD movies.
- Full HD: Best for the gaming addicts – the 1920 x 1080 resolution allows you to watch all the details crystal clear especially movies & video games
- Retina display: 2304 x 1440, 2560 x 1600 and 2880 x 1800 resolutions are found in Apple’s 12″, 13.3″ and 15.6″ laptop displays, respectively.
- QHD (Quad HD) and QHD+: Creates crisp detail and sharp text, ideal for professional photo and graphics work as well as HD movies and games. With 2560 x 1440 and 3200 x 1800 resolutions, respectively, the extremely high pixel density.
- 4K Ultra HD: 3840 x 2160 resolution boasts four times the pixels of Full HD, creating rich colors and images for viewing and editing incredibly lifelike images and graphics.
CHOOSE YOUR NEXT GENERATION SYSTEM
OS X : Installed specifically on Mac computers, OS X boasts an elegant and easy-to-use consumer interface to complement Macs’ sleek aesthetics and impressive battery life. Known for their beautiful designs and quality hardware, Easy to use, streamlined and filled with everything you need right out of the box, OS X makes using your Apple a joy. MacBooks have a great reputation with creative users; lots of editing and design software is designed for OS X. It’s also great for everyday usage, from browsing the web to using your emails.
Windows : Want to play games? Look for a powerful dedicated graphics card. Need to work on the go? Look for a model with a long battery life. You can even find one that comes in your favorite color!Microsoft Windows 8 is quite a leap features Icons on the Start screen have become Live Tiles which can update with news and images in real time. Impeccable interface is optimized for touchscreen control, making it ideal for many of the latest laptops. Innovative & Original – Easily tap and swipe Tiles to open, share or move them however you like. Features a new task manager, streamlined file management and a suite of built-in apps. Plus, Windows 8.1 devices qualify for a free upgrade to Windows 10. More software is designed for Windows than any other operating system, so you can be sure you’ll find the programs you need.
Chrome OS :Created by the minds behind the world’s most popular search engine, Google Chromebooks are an innovative new type of laptop perfect for the user who’s always online. OS runs special custom apps and cloud-based programs rather than traditional software. Go crazy surfing the Web, keeping up with your e-mail and social networks, and sharing your photos with friends and family, rather than more data-intensive tasks like video editing and hardcore gaming.
All your documents and apps are safely kept online and download in seconds when you want to access them. Because so little is stored on the Chromebook it doesn’t slow down over time. Streamlined and easy to use is exactly how the Chrome interface is built up, giving you fast access to apps such as Google Drive, Google Play Music and Google+, as well as over 675,000 apps and games through Google Play. The thing to remember is that Chromebooks need to be connected to the internet for you to get the full benefits.
CLEVER, ORIGINAL & INVENTIVE PROCESSORS
Meet the BRAIN of your Laptop! Directs the complexity of software you can run, how many programs you can have open at the same time, and how fast those programs will run.
Intel and AMD are the two main manufacturers. Intel processors range from the Celeron and Pentium range, which are ideal for efficient everyday home computing, to the Core i3, i5 and i7 range, which offer incredible performance for gaming and professional level creative work. AMD range with the A4 for basic computing and excels off with the FX series, which delivers serious power for in-depth gaming and running high-end software at its best.
At the heart of every modern MacBook and the majority of Windows laptops are Intel processors. Most prevalent are Intel’s Core series of multicore processors:
- Core i7: Top-of-the-line consumer processor. Excels at serious multitasking and high-demand multimedia creation for projects in 3D or high definition. The choice of “power users” like hardcore gamers, graphic designers, photographers and videographers.
- Core i5:Mid-grade Core processor and powerful enough for most computing tasks, and multitasks well so you can stream the big football game while looking up stats and sending e-mails.
- Core i3:Beginner-level Core processor, for everyday e-mail, Internet and productivity tasks.
- Core M: Designed for ultra slim devices, plenty of power for day-to-day surfing and e-mailing.
AMD has two categories of processors that are most common:
- FX and A-Series:Like Intel’s Core chips, these processors include a graphics processor built into the same chip. In order from top-of-the-line to entry level, they include:
- FX:Best Buy-exclusive powerhouse for serious gaming and heavy multitasking
- A10:AMD’s flagship chip has a lot to offer, with thunderbolt quad-core speed and unbelievable graphics performance
- A8:Improved graphics performance enables immersive 3D gaming in HD
- A6:Smoother video streaming and enhanced photo quality
- A4:Responsive performance for music, photos and videos
- E-Series:Similar to Intel’s Celeron and Pentium processors, these are value-oriented chips with limited speed and multitasking capabilities. They’re appropriate for basic computing tasks like e-mail, Web surfing and word processing.
BREATHTAKING GRAPHICS CHIP
What are Graphics Cards?
There are two ruling types of graphics card – integrated and dedicated. Integrated cards are sometimes called “built-in”, and are fine for everyday use such as browsing the internet or writing email.It’s recommended for watching movies/browsing your favorite youtubers or cherishing memories with photos, but more complex tasks may be slow.
If you’re not a PC gamer, or an architect molding 3D objects or a designer, an integrated graphics chip
(standard one that shares system memory) will work perfect. A discrete graphics processor from AMD or Nvidia is necessary only if you fit the above criteria. Both high- and low-end graphics chips exist for CPUs. Nvidia & AMD already have a list of its graphics chips from low to high end.
Dedicated cards have more advanced technology and can handle intensive tasks such as video editing. Higher end cards will produce better frame rates when gaming, but the downfall is it drains the life out of batteries quickly. For the best graphics performance you might also consider a laptop with dual graphics. These laptops provide much powerful graphics performance than if you were to use individual graphics cards.
Contemplate a wider 15″+ screen size for the best viewing experience for movies and games. Gaming is a serious business!
Geeks all over crow about complex shaders, the ability of their system to manage smooth frame rates at higher resolution, and eye-candy settings involving anti-aliasing, shadow rendering, and tessellation. To get any sort of bragging rights, you’re going to need the right graphic cards. If you have any of the above needs, though, a discrete graphics processor from AMD or Nvidia is essential. Nvidia maintains a list of its graphics chips from low to high end, as does AMD.
DECIDE IF YOU WANT AN ELEGANT 2-IN-1
Astonishing devices with great panache that can switch between traditional clamshell mode, tablet mode and other positions in between such as tent or stand modes. Generally come in two different elegant styles: detachable with screens that come off the keyboard entirely and flexible laptops with hinges that bend back 360 degrees to change modes. Designed to Perfection For Every Style :- Work in notebook mode, watch in stand mode, play in tent mode, go in tablet mode. This ingenious design has the flexibility to keep up with all your needs.
PORTS & CONNECTIVITY FOR TRAVELERS
Pure Luxury for Travelers! Choose the latest wireless standards plus Bluetooth capabilities which can easily sync your smartphone, speakers and other portable devices. Consider a laptop that connects to the 4G LTE network. Keep an eye out for the following ports that are commonly used for connecting to TVs, cameras and other devices:
- USB 2.0: Almost every laptop has this port & easily connects external drives, gaming controllers, smartphones, MP3 players and other accessories.
- USB 3.0: Transfers data faster than USB 2.0, but only when used with USB 3.0 devices.
- USB Type-C: Provides lightening speeds and versatile power, featuring connectors with identical ends that plug in upside down or right-side up. Video as well as backward compatibility is allowed by adapters.
- Thunderbolt:Ultra-high bandwidth for fast data transfer between devices featuring a Thunderbolt or MiniDisplayPort connection.
- HDMI: Connect a projector or display HD media on your flat-screen TV.
- Media-card slots: Using your digital camera or camcorder transfer photos.
DECISIVELY ELEGANT PERIPHERAL: MEMORY
RAM is essential as it helps your processor tackle multiple tasks at once. A minimum of 2GB is required for basic computing, but complex tasks such as advanced photo processing, gaming or music production, you should consider systems with at least 6 GB. Most laptops have 4GB–8GB pre-installed, and some have up to 32GB. You might need more memory later, choose a model that lets you expand the RAM.
Hard Disk Drives and Solid-State Drives
Long established, mechanical hard disk drives are the most common type of storage because they’re relatively inexpensive and offer huge capacities. They come in two standard speeds: A 5400 rpm drive is sufficient for day-to-day Web surfing, e-mailing and document creation, but a 7200 rpm drive transfer’s data more quickly. Solid-state drives, also known as SSDs are many times faster than hard disk drives, typically offer far less capacity. Offer spectacular advantages in physical size, weight and power efficiency, along with negligible heat production and noiseless operation, making them an ideal choice for ultra slim, ultra lightweight laptops.
DONT SKIMP ON BATTERY LIFE
If you’re buying bulky notebook you don’t have to worry at all about battery life. However, if you plan to use the laptop on your lap, even if it’s at home and or work, you’ll want at least 6 hours of endurance, with 8+ hours being ideal. To understand a notebook’s expected battery life, don’t take the manufacturer’s word for it. Manufacturers’ battery-life claims range from just a few hours up to 12 hours or more. Carefully look into Laptop enhancements such as increased processing power, larger and higher resolution screens, faster hard drives, or the addition of an optical drive which could cause your battery to drain more quickly.
DISPLAY TYPE & TOUCH SCREEN FOR COMPLETE INTUITIVE CONTROL
Versatile display technologies yield vibrant and sharp colors and brightness levels. Many laptops employ LED backlighting. To watch movies and shows with a friend, choose a display with an IPS panel for wider viewing angles. Opt for a glossy finish screen as they display richer colors and darker blacks, while matte displays will reduce glare if you frequently work outdoors or near windows.
Touch screens are so natural, even someone who’s never used a computer before can feel like an expert in minutes. Once you’ve picked up the knack, it’s hard to go back to a non-touch laptop! Tap the icon on screen to choose various functions whether you want to open, swipe to one side to change the view and much more. You’ve got the power at your fingertips. Simply tap/touch to select, hold and drag to move items, swipe to scroll and pinch to zoom, just as you would on a smartphone or tablet.
ENTICING GAMING LAPTOPS
Unleashing the power of Gamers! Provides boosted power and beefed-up features. Advanced processors and graphics cards for intricate detailing, aggressively faster, smoother gameplay, while enhanced speakers and larger screen sizes primed for creativity and help bring characters alive. Live the gaming performance, sleek & neat design, mind boggling visuals and grab the latest upgrades. Some gaming laptops also include programmable keys, an effective and efficient cooling system, color-coded backlit keyboards and additional ports for convenient connectivity.